CARPET Cleaning and the CDC
Does the CDC give advice about cleaning carpet?
The CDC specifically recommends the following process for cleaning carpets. For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces.
After cleaning – use products with the EPA-approved emerging viral pathogen claims that are suitable for porous surfaces. Bowden’s Carpet Cleaning-TAMPA has over 50 years of combines experience and is among the TAMPA BAY Area industry leaders in removing contaminants from carpet, tile, upholstery and hardwood flooring.
What does Bowden’s Carpet Cleaning-TAMPA Recommend keeping my home SAFE?
We advise you follow the counsel of the CDC. “Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks) with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions.”
Also – specifically for carpet the CDC recommends. “For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. After cleaning – use products with the EPA-approved emerging viral pathogen claims that are suitable for porous surfaces.” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html
Suggestions for Cleaning porous surfaces and other machines and materials-
- Synthetic carpets, rugs, curtains, and upholstery —Our technicians will either clean these items manually or, for machine cleaning, they will apply approved disinfectants for textiles and carpets and then extract where applicable.
- Natural fabrics, rugs, curtains, and upholstery must be cleaned in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To disinfect clothing, linens and other personal fabrics, the contaminated articles should be laundered per label instructions. NOTE: washing machines should be disinfected after washing contaminated materials.
- Tanned leather materials — Clean these materials by wiping the surfaces with a cloth lightly moistened with disinfectant solution or disinfectant towelettes.
- Suede and Nu-buck leather material — Cleaned according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Concrete, cinder block, wood, plywood, and oriented strand board (OSB) — Cleaned by applying the disinfectant solution directly to the surface.
- HVAC system — HVAC internal duct surfaces and components should be cleaned in accordance with industry guidelines by a licensed HVAC contractor or NADCA certified duct cleaner. Also, external ductwork surfaces, grills, grates, and registers should be cleaned and disinfected with a disinfectant solution.
For coronavirus cleaning services, call Bowden’s Carpet Cleaning TODAY! We are deemed an ESSENTIAL Business.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to rise and health and government officials notify the public to take necessary measures to protect themselves, one of the best ways to slow its progress is by deep cleaning of all touch-point surfaces, soft porous materials along with the use of an EPA-registered disinfectant.
These methods of cleaning can be utilized for institutions, commercial, and residential properties. Our coronavirus cleaning services will help reduce contamination of COVID-19 in your Home or Commercial Property and in your Community. Call us today for more information on our services or schedule a convenient appointment.
Why Choose Bowden’s?
- Insurance Work Welcome
- Emergency Water Extraction
- Truck Mounted Steam Cleaning
- Water Damage Dry-Out and Debris Removal Services
- Saturday Appointments Available
- Area and Oriental Rug Cleaning
- ROTOVAC – Scrub Cleaning for Carpets
- Professional Stain and Odor Removal Experts