Water Damage Restoration Services in Tampa
Whether it infiltrates your home through a flood, a leaky roof, or a burst pipe, water can cause serious damage to your property. If you’re in need of water damage cleanup near Tampa, Bowden’s Carpet Cleaning can provide you with the safe, thorough, and professional services you’re looking for. Our emergency team is prompt and efficient, and we have experience handling a wide range of water damage situations.
The Dangers of Water Damage
When water invades your home, time is of the essence. The sooner your water damage is assessed and treated by an experienced professional, the lower the chances that your possessions will be permanently damaged and or that chances that black mold will creep in. These are just a few of the hazards that water can pose to you and your belongings:
- Water can seriously damage electronic devices such as televisions, cell phones, and computers, as well as electrical wires and cables.
- Water can soak into your drywall, flooring, and walls, causing structural damage to your home that can be difficult and expensive to repair.
- Water can foster growth of mold and mildew, which can both ruin your belongings and worsen existing health problems such as asthma and allergies.
Assessing Water Damage
When our water damage cleanup team at Bowden’s Carpet Cleaning arrives at your home, the first step they will take is to diagnose the type of water that is present. Clean water, which comes from sources such as water supply lines, is not considered a health threat. Gray water, which may contain some microbes, is considered a moderate hazard. Black water, which comes from contaminated sources such as sewage, is a major threat. Next, they will determine how fast the water is evaporating, which will help them decide on the best approach for treating your home. The four classes of water damage are:
- Slow rate of evaporation. This class involves minor water damage to a limited area. The materials affected have not absorbed a significant amount of water.
- Fast rate of evaporation. In this class of water damage, water has affected parts of a home that may require more extensive drying treatment and remediation, such as carpeting and walls.
- Fastest rate of evaporation. This class involves total saturation of a major area, where the water has been extensively absorbed by the materials affected.
- Specialty drying situations. This class involves water damage in areas that require special treatment in order to dry, such as crawlspaces, hardwood floor panels, and the insides of walls.
To learn more about water damage restoration in Tampa, please contact us at (813) 363-2040.
Why Choose Bowden’s?
- Insurance Work Welcome
- Emergency Water Extraction
- Truck Mounted Steam Cleaning
- Water Damage Dry-Out and Debris Removal Services
- Saturday Appointments Available
- Area and Oriental Rug Cleaning
- ROTOVAC – Scrub Cleaning for Carpets
- Professional Stain and Odor Removal Experts